- Oneonta Montessori School is committed to stimulating, educating, and preparing our students to be productive, respectable, self-sufficient individuals in society.
- We are determined to inspire a good attitude towards reaching a high standard of academic achievement in a well-prepared, well-balanced environment.
- We are an international school, with staff and children from over 35 countries working together to reach a common goal.
- We are committed to encouraging the diverse ethic role that each child brings to our school and encourage parents to take an active role in their child’s education.
- To treat all our students with respect, consideration, and courtesy.
- To always be consistent in our expectations of them.
- To provide an arena to nurture individuality, character development, and foster a positive concern for the welfare and happiness of our children.
- To stimulate children to develop socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically towards their full potential.
- To allow children the freedom to learn at their own pace in an atmosphere of respect and understanding of individual differences.
- To capitalize on children’s natural curiosity and guide their energy into purposeful movement.
- To encourage children to experience the joy of learning as well as the intrinsic satisfaction that comes with mastery of concepts and fundamental skills through the creative use of appealing, self-correcting materials, along with stimulating educational experiences.
- To treat all our students with respect, consideration, courtesy, and be consistent in our expectations of them.
- To provide an arena to nurture individuality, character development, and a strong sense of self-respect, as well as a respect for others.
- To exemplify genuine concern and provide for the welfare and happiness of all our children.
- To guide children to reach their full potential by a nurturing, highly qualified Montessori certified staff.